With a confused mind and a heavy heart, you get....
* How great for Enver Lisin to get a goal and an assist versus his former team? Good for him for gaining the trust of Torts and being, let's say, much better than in his first handful of games. Guy has a good personality and has gotten some insurance goals for NY. Happy for him to have that moment.
* Important win for the NYRs, any way you slice it. Could not have been good to lose 4 in a row - no matter how many NYR supporters had mixed emotions as their adoptive desert dogs rolled into the Garden tonight. (And yes, I am very much among them.) They needed to get back to what made them good, and I think they made strides in that effort tonight. Have a few games coming up that are very win-able. They need to keep the streak going.
* Another night where Prospal, Kotalik, and Gaborik continued to prove their worth. We knew the potential for Gaborik, but I am happy with the production of Kotalik and Prospal. Even better? They seem to be so happy when they score, when their teammates score. It's a good thing to have a team you feel good about.
* Del Zotto - two more assists. It's too early to even really legitimately contemplate, but the guy is getting serious league recognition for being the offensive-go-to-guy on defense. A brilliant thing, one I don't think we, as fans of the NYR, thought we'd be seeing again so soon. Great story. So proud of such a talented young kid.
* As much as we (me, me, me) wanted Prucha's return to the Garden to be an amazing, unforgettable one, it wasn't much to speak about. During warmups, he tossed some pucks to his fans. He got his very much and always fondly remembered "Pruuuuuus." And he hustled. There is not a game I remember where the little pepperpot did not go-go-go. I wish he scored a goal. Hell, I wish he scored 14 goals. It didn't happen. But it's important that my adoptive Coyote team, like my favorite NYR team, gets back to what got them there in the first place -good neutral zone play, with minimal turnovers. And rock solid goaltending. Here's hoping they do well against Columbus in 2 nights. As much as I looked forward to tonight and wanted the best, I am just as happy it is behind us and I can root for my favorite team, and my favorite team to root for again. It's too hard having them both interconnect.