After today's game, I feel the need to ask, "Who are these guys?"
* They were getting to loose pucks, moving the puck swiftly, connecting on passes, dominating the play. And in an afternoon game! Who are these guys?
* Did you hear what Sam said? This team is 4-0-2 in their last 6. 8-3-1 in their last 12. And have had points in 19 of their last 24 games. Who are these guys?
* Michael Del Zotto's goal was beautiful. Ladies and gentlelmen, THAT will never get old! It's been too, too long.
* Think Avery's words about what it meant to put on the Rangers sweater and how they need to play with the pride and energy necessary of it perhaps hit home with anyone? Don't discount Avery's voice in the lockeroom. This was the most dominating effort I've seen from the NYRs in a long while. Beginning to end.
* As much as I have to credit the NYRs, Boston is a decimated team. They are without Savard, Bergeron, Ferrence. And for whatever reason they are not connecting. As pretty as those three Rangers goals were, they Bruins let them have a lot of space to score in. Just saying.
I'm not sure where it came from, I'm not sure if it'll last but - who are these guys?
Those were your New York Rangers!