Granted, please note, we know this was against the Oilers, but...
1) Gaborik! Gaborik! Gaborik! I know you've been gone seemingly forever, and I'm so glad you are back. But 3 goals! Yay for Gaby! Let's keep it going!
2) How much did I love Christensen going over to Gaborik when Gaborik scored and went into the side of the net (collective sigh/distress at MSG) and give him a hug. Amazing how much more comfortable a player Christensen is with Gaby in the lineup. Think about it.
3) How good was that Frolov, Christensen, Gaby line. I mean Gaby was Gaby, but Frolov looked like the season started, Christensen looked happy and included. It was a good thing - ney, a great thing - for the NYRs to have another line, save Dubinsky/Anisimov/Callahan scoring.
4) Can't be overlooked how important Boyle's secondary scoring has been. He's using his size and talent more. And he's confident. All of which makes for a threat. 8 goals on the year on November 14th. Who would have thought he'd have 8 goals all year. Cheers for Boyle!!
5) As long as no one gets hurt, I love the scrappy fisticuffs that went on in the tail-end of the game. Avery/Smid, Prust/Stortini, etc, etc. It's good. It's good to show a pulse. And, frankly, every once in a while it's good to just enjoy the spirit of a team fight, a team game. It may not have been good hockey, but it was entertaining!!